Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mariscos Chihuahua





Let me start off by stating, i will choose Mariscos Chihuahua over Red Lobster anyday!!! The seafood is great whether it be oysters, fish, shrimp, octopus,etc...they got it down to a science. Example: the shrimp is cooked in alot of ways and they're all off the hook! Camaron culichi, Camarones Rancheros, Camarones en Salsa China, Camarones en Salsa Ostion, Camarones a la Plancha, Camarones al Mojo de Ajo,Camarones endiablados....the list goes on and on! My favorite is the Culichi it is butterflied shrimp or fish covered in a sexy poblano cream sauce. I urge you to try it when you get there, TRUST ME on this one. culichi side note: The residents/natives of the city of Culiacan in the state of Sinaloa (about 1/2 million inhabitants) call themselves "culichi". "Culichi" on a U.S. menu item simply means "Culiacan style" Mariscos is also known for it's ceviche which is tasty as hell too....lol. Man, I'm off to get me some culichi, the rest of my review will happen when you go to dine at one of the five locations of Mariscos Chihuahua around tucson...Enjoy.

3 comments:

SouthOfTheBlogger said...

Hey, we love Mariscos, too.

We have a 2nd home in Tucson and get Mexican food as often as possible. Thanks for the great recipes, videos, and pictures.

Facile_Foodie said...

Jevon!
I think you might be my foodie soulmate. I thought I was the only one on the planet who thought Mariscos Culichi was an orgasmic experience. I am heading out for the poblanos now!
Thanks for the great tutorial!

Rachel said...

Hi, do you know how to make their shrimp and octopus cocktail? I'm dying for the recipe, every other recipe I find tastes nothing like mariscos! Help!!